We hope you are enjoying the best and merriest Christmas spending time with family and friends. Thank you for being a part of our Thunderbird Travel family. We appreciate you coming to us with your travel needs and enjoy helping you make plans for memorable trips. Have an amazing day!
I have found over the years that when I am thankful for what I have (and not just on Thanksgiving Day), my mood is better. It puts a a smile on my face when I think of all the good things in my life. And, here at Thunderbird Travel, we are so grateful for the love of our friends, families, and customers who’ve become our friends. We are thankful for good food (especially pumpkin pie), those that take the time to prepare said foods and the gatherings wherein we can enjoy them. It is so wonderful that we have a holiday which allows us to reflect on the good things that have come to us and perhaps some not so good things that we’ve endured but have survived.
May you and yours be so blessed with the richness of family and friends this season. We Thank you for being a part of our lives and our business.
We are very thankful for your service and sacrifice for our country and our families. And, we also thank your families who sacrifice their time with you to keep us free.
There are so many options out there for booking that at times, it can feel overwhelming. That is why it’s great to use a travel agent. We can help narrow down what works for your destination, budget and travel needs. Put our expertise and experience to work for you. Plus, by booking your vacation package through us – you can put down a deposit and then your final payment isn’t due until 60-45 days prior to your departure instead of having to pay it all upfront. Of course, if you’re booking something within 60-45 days of travel, the total is due at the time of booking. Or, if you’re booking something over the holidays, they do tend to want payment sooner but we’ll let you know when that is.
But, if you like doing your own research and booking things online; we have that too. Check out our BOOK IT NOW page on our website. It takes you directly to some of our favorite travel companies’ websites – like Apple Vacations and Funjet Vacations for example. They have flight/hotel packages to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Jamaica, Mexico, Central and South America, Europe and more. If you’re looking for Sandals’ resorts, we have that too whether you’re a newbie or a specialist. We also have the Globus Family which has escorted tours throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, South Pacific and the Middle East. They also have river cruises. This way, you can check out all the different aspects of your trip but still have our local support to help answer questions or take care of certain details. And, in the event of a problem with your trip, (the best laid plans and all), we’re there to help get things back on track.
If you have questions about any of these companies or their destinations, give us a call. Let us help you find the best deal for your dollar, needs and dreams. Or, book it online and have us as your backup should you need it.
Disney World – it’s the happiest place on earth especially in the fall when they offer dining inclusive specials. Plus, they just opened Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios! With four amusement parks, two water parks and 25 uniquely themed hotels and resorts, it can be challenging trying to plan your Disney vacation. Here are some planning tips to think about and then give us a call so we can help you navigate the world of Disney.
1. Stay at a Disney Resort – You’ll pay a little more to stay at a Disney hotel, but you’ll love all the perks. The Disney resorts have shuttles constantly running between your hotel and all the theme parks and even Disney Springs. And, you’ll also get extra time in the parks, aka “Extra Magic Hours,” for Disney hotel guests only which allow you to enjoy a less crowded experience. Plus, when you stay onsite, you get the “Magic Band”. This wristband acts as your key to your room, key to getting on rides that you’ve set up with a FastPass and when you purchase things at a store in the parks or at Disney Springs, you can have it delivered to your room. This way, you can walk around the parks unencumbered by bags of stuff. Speaking of the FastPass, by staying onsite, you can book your FastPasses earlier than those who don’t.
2. Purchase a Multi-Day Hopper Pass – If you are planning on enjoying the parks for a few days, consider purchasing a multi-day hopper pass. This pass allows you to hop from one park to the next on the same day. The benefit is that you can spend the day at the Magic Kingdom, then go to your room and take a nap or get your feet off the floor for a little while. And later that night, go to another park to enjoy their fireworks or a special event. Plus, the longer you stay, the per day cost per ticket decreases. You could pay as little as $69 per day if you purchase a 7-day pass.
3. Travel in the Off-Season – During peak season which is typically June through August and over the holidays, both Disney hotels and hotels in the vicinity raise their prices. Save on lodging, food and entertainment by visiting Disney in September through March. The fall is an excellent time to go with discounts and the added benefit of cooler temperatures.
Talk to us about all the great options available for your Disney adventure. No matter what you’re seeking, we’ll help you plan the magical escape you and your little ones (or older ones) dream of. Call us at 618-687-2100 for your Disney Dream Vacation today.
Halloween Horror Nights opened September 12, rolling out the red carpet and welcoming Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Jordan Peeleand cast members from Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Us, including Evan Alex, Madison Curry, Alan Frazier, Shahadi Wright Joseph and Cali and Noelle Sheldon; Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters) and filmmaker Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters, National Lampoon’s Animal House); acclaimed director and executive producer Greg Nicotero(“Creepshow,” “The Walking Dead”), filmmaker Eli Roth(Haunt, The House with a Clock in Its Walls), GRAMMY® Award-winning musician SLASH, multi-platinum recording artist and filmmaker Rob Zombie (House of a 1000 Corpses), executive producers Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer (“Stranger Things”), and John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
This year’s terrifying “Halloween Horror Nights” lineup of mazes and attractions includes:
- “Us,” an all-new maze based on the blockbuster film from Universal Pictures and visionary Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Jordan Peele
- “Ghostbusters,” Sony Pictures’ classic 1984 film comes to life for the first time ever in this all-new maze
- “Stranger Things,” based on seasons 2 and 3 of Netflix’s critically-acclaimed supernatural thriller
- “Killer Klowns from Outer Space,” the popular 1980’s horror sci-fi film lands at “Halloween Horror Nights” in this all-new chilling maze
- “Creepshow,” maze inspired by the 1982 cult classic movie directed by George Romero and Shudder’s brand new anthology series, re-imagined by acclaimed make-up artist, director and executive producer, Greg Nicotero
- “Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man,” inspired by Universal’s original cinematic monsters and the movie studio that invented the horror film genre
- “House of 1000 Corpses,” inspired by Lionsgate’s 2003 cult classic film and directed by multi-platinum recording artist and filmmaker Rob Zombie
- “Holidayz in Hell,” an all-original maze featuring demented versions of everyone’s favorite seasonal celebrations
- “Curse of Pandora’s Box,” an all-new original maze based on the twisted Greek mythology tale
- “The Walking Dead,” Universal Studios Hollywood’s permanent attraction inspired by AMC’s popular television series
- The Jabbawockeez award-winning hip hop dance crew returns by popular demand with an all-new, high-energy performance created exclusively for “Halloween Horror Nights”
The scares will continue on select nights until November 3, 2019:
- September 26-29
- October 3-6
- October 10-13
- October 17-20
- October 24-27
- October 31
- November 1-3